Path of Exile Patch 0.10.1 Arrives – 0.10.2 to Bring New ContentPosted 13 February 2013 by Rushster
Another Path of Exile update over night taking the game to v0.10.1 which is great to see, but also in this update Chris teases what’s to come in 0.10.2 which will include new beta content such as new skills, unique items and more.
As I mentioned in the past, we’re expecting to announce our new race season prizes within the next week. It’s a big departure from what we were running in Closed Beta, but should make competing in races a lot more fun. For those people who have been helping us with the prize-less calibration races, thanks much for the feedback and data!
There are some short-term fixes coming to the 0.10.1 patch series in the near future. It’s likely that the following will be introduced very, very soon:
- A /dnd mode that streamers can use to get around people spamming them with messages. More improvements to this will be made over time.
- A few more high-level mods that can spawn on items available from level 77 maps. We want to get these in soon before players spend too much wealth crafting end-game items without those mods available.
- Changes to targeting of minions.
By the way, a common thing we’re seeing in Open Beta is people posting “You need to fix/add feature X!” posts in announcement or patch notes threads. While I love hearing feedback about this stuff, and we spend a lot of time reading the forums to find out what people want us to fix, we’d appreciate it if you didn’t post these types of requests in announcement or patch notes threads. The purpose of these threads is to discuss the news of the announcement or the things changed in the patch, rather than to remind us of the (many) problems that are still to be fixed. We will get to them over time and are trying to hit the high priority/safe ones first!
Thanks again for your feedback and support of the game. Things are getting under control and we’re going to pump out content. I even got a chance to play last night – my HC shadow died to exploding spawns at level 14
Read the full 0.10.1 patch notes after the break…
- All skill gems and support gems have received new art.
- The 3d artwork for many shields has been substantially updated and improved.
- Overhauled most of the sound effects so that they use pitch and volume variations to avoid being repetitive.
- Added new music for the Act Three boss fight.
- Improved all of the Duelist’s animations.
- The Unique bow Death’s Harp now has a particle effect for its custom art.
- Updated and shrunk the visual size of Frenzy, Endurance and Power charges.
- Added magic-only skeletons for the Map necro boss that can raise magic monsters.
- Pressing the alt (or highlight) key in trade while hovering an item now says “item level” rather than “level” to make it clearer.
- On-hit effects can now apply even if they deal no damage.
- Renamed “Angel Kite Shield” to “Angelic Kite Shield”.
- Overhauled the zombie audio.
- Improved blood effects.
- Continued to incrementally improve the art, effects, environments and sound.
End-game Map Changes:
- Added 11 new types of Maps: Arsenal, Arcade, Ghetto, Promenade, Temple, Colonnade, Bazaar, Crematorium, Precinct, Shipyard and Shrine.
- Map progression now extends to area level 77.
- Maps which had the same level topologies as other maps now have their own new layouts.
- The Labyrinthine mod now provides a more consistent increase in maps and is comparable to the Massive mod on applicable maps.
- Some existing maps have had their bosses changed or reworked.
- Some recipes for upgrading maps produce a different map than they did previously.
- Stun Threshold Reduction now has diminishing returns when it exceeds 75%. It’s still possible to build very effective stun characters, but they cannot permanently lock down the hardest of bosses.
- Increased the non-percentage Armour values on item mods to be the same as Evasion.
- Boss totems now do more damage with Spark.
- Increased the damage that Perpetus deals with Ethereal Knives.
- Fixed a bug where monsters affected by the Energy Shield aura would get too much Energy Shield in multiplayer games.
- Fixed a bug with where social status messages could wrap around incorrectly.
- Fixed a bug where players could not right click offline players on the friends list.
- Fixed a bug where the Stun Threshold Reduction on Mortem Morsu was not limited to just attacks by that weapon.
- Fixed a server crash related to currency items.
- Fixed a server crash that would occur involving Bear Traps.
- If you have a full microtransaction stash and purchase an additional microtransaction, a new microtransaction tab will now be added. This currently only works if you are not logged into the game client at the time. The addition of microtransaction stashes while you are logged in will be fixed in a future patch.